Wound Won't Heal?
JRMC’s Wound & Hyperbaric Center manages wounds that won’t heal.
For patients living with a chronic wound, everyday activities can be a battle. Without proper treatment patients may suffer for years without any improvement, or even worse, may face amputation.
The JRMC Wound & Hyperbaric Center understands the challenges faced each day when it comes to chronic and non-chronic healing wounds. The center offers cutting-edge treatments, the highest quality of dedicated providers and specialists and the ability to work with dressing formularies – all to help wounds heal faster.MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
FASTER RESULTS FOR WOUND CARE
The JRMC Wound & Hyperbaric Center can help wounds such as these heal faster:
- diabetic wounds
- pressure ulcers
- venous stasis ulcers
- arterial ulcers
- surgical wounds
- soft tissue wounds
- traumatic wounds
- infected wounds
The JRMC Wound & Hyperbaric Center understands the challenges faced each day when it comes to chronic and non-chronic healing wounds. The center offers cutting-edge treatments, the highest quality of dedicated providers and specialists and the ability to work with dressing formularies – all to help wounds heal faster.
JRMC Wound Center:
- uses evidence-based clinical pathways to treat our patients
- sets its goals to heal patients within a 16-week time frame.
- takes a multidisciplinary, team-centered approach in wound care management
JRMC partners with primary care providers to manage any other issues that may contribute to the continuation of patients’ problems.
- uses advanced techniques, including excisional, surgical debridements, bio-engineered skin substitutes and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Our mission is to improve the quality of life for all of our patients. That means aggressively managing wounds to ensure they heal quickly and completely. We work in conjunction with physicians as partners to determine a complete set of wound care protocols to address each patient’s needs. And we provide all patients with dedicated and specialized attention, enabling them to return to a full life free from the pain of chronic wounds.
The advanced Wound & Hyperbaric Center offers a valuable resource for patients with hard-to-treat wounds. Our experienced team, cutting-edge treatments and evidence-based clinical protocols provide superior healing outcomes for difficult to heal wounds. We work with you to manage the healing process from start to finish, ensuring patient compliance and enabling a consistent plan of care.
Featuring Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Jamestown Regional Medical Center is also the first hospital in North Dakota to offer hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT). HBOT therapy helps fight infections, heal wounds and treat conditions including cyanide, radiation injury and chronic wounds. We invite you to look closely at HBO care below.
HBOT also enables more infection-fighting white blood cells to reach affected areas. Most patients will require multiple treatments over the course of several weeks in order to see full results.
Hyperbaric therapy is painless. Many people will sleep or watch TV during treatment, which lasts for one to two hours.
Facts About Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Jamestown Regional Medical Center is the first hospital in North Dakota to offer this treatment.
- Most patients do not suffer from claustrophobia. Once inside, patients can see in all directions and an attendant is always in the room.
- Some patients experience pressure on the eardrums.
This feeling is similar to the feeling of landing in an airplane or diving to the bottom of a swimming pool.
Wound Center staff will instruct you on the different methods of relieving this ear pressure.
- Side effects vary and may include a temporary change in vision.
- DO NOT change eyewear prescription during or immediately after your treatments.
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is covered by most medical insurance companies, including Medicare and Medicaid.