WhenevER You Need Us
The Emergency Department cares for time-sensitive conditions. Nearly 9,000 patients seek care through the JRMC ED each year for trauma and emergencies of all kinds.
For any emergency, dial 911.
The North Dakota Department of Health designated JRMC a Level IV Trauma Center. That means:
- A trauma team leader must be a current advanced trauma life support certified physician. This physician must have experience in resuscitation and care of trauma patients. Trauma-trained providers and nurses are available at all times.
- A transfer agreement must be in place. Transfer agreements are in place at JRMC to send patients to a Level II trauma center for major trauma care, burn care, rehabilitation services for long-term care, acute spinal cord, head injury management and pediatric trauma management.
As a Level IV Trauma Center, JRMC can provide the best care in the region. The Level IV designation means we always have an advanced-trauma, life support-certified physician and nursing team available.
Emergency Department nurses are trained in Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, CPR and other procedures necessary in an emergency situation.
Jamestown Regional Medical Center provides approximately 1,500 outpatient services through the emergency department. These include:
- electroencephalogram (EEG): a test that measures and records the electrical activity of the brain
- electrocardiogram (EKG): a test that checks for problems with the electrical activity of the heart
- chemotherapy: for treatment of cancer
- antibiotic infusions: provided for individuals with infections
- blood transfusions: used to treat anemia, when there are not enough healthy red blood cells
- dressing changes and wound care
- iron infusions for low hemoglobin
- immune globulin for immune deficiency
Meet JRMC's Emergency Team
Because Seconds Count
Level IV Trauma Center
This means we have the strongest ED capabilities between Fargo and Bismarck. Most importantly, being a level IV trauma center means that we always have an advanced trauma life support certified physician and nursing team available to care for patients.
Patients of JRMC will benefit from an on-site option for transport to surrounding medical centers. A variety of air ambulance services can provide around-the-clock transport to Bismarck, Fargo or beyond.
Stroke Ready Hospital
Stroke-ready hospitals support better outcomes for stroke care. To obtain these strong outcomes, JRMC has a designated stroke team, its ED is staffed with qualified medical professionals and access to stroke expertise 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.