Has JRMC been THE Difference?
We invite you to share your experience with us. Whether you are a patient or family member who has experienced our care, a dedicated staff member, volunteer or a devoted supporter, we want to hear from you.
TIPS FOR WRITING YOUR STORY & WAYS IT MAY BE USED
Submit Your Story
Starting is the hardest part. Sometimes it helps to begin with a specific memory or incident that stands out to you as a metaphor of your experience with the hospital and then see where the story takes you.
Here are four approaches to helping you get your story onto paper:
1) Focus on People
- make a list of the people who made the most vivid impact
- write a few sentences about each and what you were speaking directly to them
- place these min-blurbs in order of importance
- go back and add a two or three sentence introduction at the top that provides an overview of your experience
- begin with when you found out that your life would intersect with JRMC
- provide a timeline of the events as they transpired
- write a few sentences about each event
- finish with a few thoughts about how the hospital will continue impacting your story into the future
3) Specific Call to Action
If you want to use your story as a call to action for others, consider using the first sentence to answer the question, “If you could only say one thing to motivate others to support JRMC, what would that be?” The rest of your story can provide support for your answer.
4) “What JRMC Means to Me”
Using this approach, you can use the space to share what our hospital means to you in general. Make it less of a story and more of a general list of “things that come to mind” when you think about or remember the hospital.
What JRMC may do with the information you share with us:
By providing your story to us on this site, you authorize us to use your story in both online and offline formats, including but not limited to:
- any websites owned or managed by JRMC
- social networking or social media platforms
- presentations to supporters
- brochures, direct mail, publications, etc.
- video footage
Uses that may not be able to be controlled by JRMC:
It is possible that individuals may find your story helpful and wish to link to it from their own personal websites or even from corporate websites. Owners of other personal and corporate websites do not need to ask our permission to link to our website or to specific pages in our site. As a result, you may find your story linked from other sites on the web. Should this occur, please consider this to be a compliment to your ability to craft a compelling story and an indication that what you have shared is helping others both on our website and around the world.
Reasons we would not share your story:
We will not add stories to our website which are, from the perspective of our hospital’s leadership, deemed to be:
- offensive to our web visitors, this would include items that are potentially:obscene or vulgar, insulting or demeaning to any race, gender or creed
- threatening or harassing
- advertisements or endorsements for other organizations
- information taken from another source without permission
- comments unrelated to the subject and spirit of our website
- shared without regard to our HIPAA Patient Privacy Policies
For additional information, please consult our:
- Social Media Policy
- Privacy Practices