For people with health problems resulting from injury or disease, physical therapists assist in the recovery to make them stronger, relieve pain and help regain use of an affected body part or relearn activities of daily living such as range of motion, walking, lifting or performing work activity.
Physical therapists teach patients and their families what to do so that healing continues throughout their daily lives at home.
Physical therapists also work on prevention to help keep people well and safe from injury by teaching the importance of fitness; postures and body mechanics; as well as showing people how to avoid hurting their bodies during work or play.
JRMC Physical Therapists have over 45 years of collective experience in providing services to people with conditions such as:
- low back pain
- neck pain
- problems with balance or coordination
- shoulder, arm, wrist or hand problems
- knee ankle and foot problems
- wound care including diabetic wounds and burns
- muscle sprains and strains
- joint replacement surgeries
- stroke rehab
- pre and post natal programs
- hip fractures
- occupational health
- incontinence issues
- fitness and wellness education
AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill®
Patients and therapists working with the AlterG Treadmill equipment report:
- faster return to normal range of motion
- improved strength and flexibility
- safer, more effective training
The advantage of the AlterG is its ability to allow you to be mobile at a fraction of your body weight. By doing this, you can dial in exactly where the pain stops and movement feels good again. This, in turn, gives you the opportunity to increase the rate of muscle conditioning and decrease total recovery time.
The AlterG is used to help recover from surgery, rehabilitate after an injury or maintain exercise in order to combat the diseases of aging.
For physical therapists, “direct access” means that a consumer would have the right to obtain services from a licensed physical therapist where or when he or she may choose, without having to first obtain a prescription or referral from a physician if their insurance allows. If there is a need or problem that needs to be addressed by your physician or the medical condition is beyond the scope of the physical therapy practice, you will be referred to your physician for continued care.
How does Direct Access in Physical Therapy benefit me?
- convenient hours and minimal wait times make it easy to keep tabs on your health
- eliminates the burden, in both dollars and time, of unnecessary physician visits; making health care more affordable and accessible
- eliminates delays of services provided by physical therapy by getting treatment when you need it
- allows for an earlier return to work and daily activities
- direct access provides earlier intervention keeping people independent and preventing further complications from injury
Direct access is available during our office hours from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
To schedule an appointment for direct access in physical therapy, please call JRMC Rehab at (701) 952-4800. When you call, please specify that you are calling for direct access services.
Our licensed physical therapists can evaluate your pain, mobility and overall body movement to help determine if you should seek the care of a physician. JRMC’s free injury screening provides an opinion, not a diagnosis, of your injury and what your best treatment options might be.
Each appointment takes less than 30 minutes. Schedule your free injury screening direct: (701) 952-4800.
JRMC is considered in network for major insurances and for all clinics in Jamestown. If you or someone you know has a need or questions regarding physical therapy, please talk with your physician about a referral for physical therapy or call the JRMC Physical Therapy Department.